You have experienced how easy life has become after the Aadhar card was introduced and how our lives have become better after that. Every single piece of information about your finances is linked to this card and you can access all of it easily. The Government of India has come up with an initiative to collate all of your medical data in one place which can be accessed easily. This card is known as Ayushman Bharat Health Account ID. If you wish to understand the benefits of this card, it is essential to understand more about what it has to offer. Here is an overview of what an ABHA card is.
What is an ABHA card?
ABHA card is the Ayushman Bharat Health Card with a unique identification number assigned to you that can be used to access all your medical data. You can review your medical past with the click of a few buttons. At the same time, this can help you by providing you with a list of doctors and medical facilities in India. This card holds basic information about you and can prove useful at many junctures.
Why should you have an ABHA card?
There are many companies looking to standardize medical data storage norms. ABDM is looking to provide a common platform for private as well as government medical establishments for data sharing. The speed of medical attention should not suffer because of the absence of your updated medical records. It allows medical professionals to chart a course of treatment depending on what medications and procedures the person has already seen. An ABHA card ensures you get the best kind of medical care.
Benefits of an ABHA card KW 2- national health authority card
When you see the benefits of this National Health Authority card you will realize how essential it is to get one. These are the benefits of the ABHA card.
- This card can be used in facilities that offer alternate treatments like Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha, Yoga, Naturopathy, and Homeopathy. This benefits those who seek other treatments as well and offers the same services for everyone.
- You can give out your information to doctors, clinics, and hospitals whenever you wish to and they can view your entire history before starting any treatment. This gives you the benefit of getting the best treatment possible.
- No matter where you are, the choice of establishment and doctor is always yours. You are free to choose from the Healthcare Facility Registry which lists all the medical establishments as well as the doctors in the country. This is a good way to verify the authenticity of a doctor and medical establishments too.
- Despite being careful, you may end up misplacing a few reports, tests, doctor visit prescriptions, and so on. The information that can be accessed using your ABHA card ID ensures you are never caught without proper information regarding your health.
Things to remember for taking advantage
The benefits of the ABHA card sound too good to be true. Once you read these, here are some things you may ask yourself.
- Eligibility criteria for ABHA card – The only eligibility criterion for an ABHA card is that you have to be an Indian citizen.
- Cost of getting an ABHA card – All you need is a phone or computer with internet to get this done. There is no cost involved in getting your ABHA card done.
- Access to your information – The information is stored safely and the exchange of information works on a consent basis only. The information will only be given out if you consent to the same. You can even revoke access to your information if you change your mind.
- Mandatory or not – ABHA card is not mandatory as per the law. However, it is extremely helpful and can improve medical care.
- Downloading the app – You can download the ABHA app from Google Play Store just like any other app.
The benefits of the ABHA card are many and getting it made doesn’t cost a thing. This card is not only convenient and beneficial but also essential for the future when everything is digitized for easy access.