An eye bag is a pouch of skin that forms underneath the lower eyelid. The bags appear as either pouch or as dark circles as the coloration (darkness) of these areas makes them seem like they’re further back in the face than they actually are.
A visit to a well equipped aesthetic clinic with qualified doctors as explained on this page: (https://harmonyaesthetics.sg/) could just be what you need if you’re worried on how to get rid of the eye bags. Now, the most common causes of eye bags include hereditary factors, aging and weight gain. However, there are some other causes which include:
- Sun damage and smoking: Sun damage and activities like smoking break down the elastin in the skin, creating sagging and bagginess.
- Lack of sleep or environmental allergies: While it’s common knowledge that lack of sleep can make you look tired, few realize that lack of sleep also contributes to fine lines and wrinkles. It is not uncommon for someone to appear well-rested after a good night’s rest, while another person may look stressed out even after getting eight hours of shut-eye! People who are chronically stressed often develop hollow eyes because their body produces excess cortisol, which breaks down collagen fibers in the skin over time.
- Allergies: Allergies like hay fever can also contribute to eye bags by causing watery eyes and thickening mucus in the tissue around your eyelids.
- Dehydration: Dehydrated skin is saggy, thin, and has less elasticity. This means that it forms wrinkles easier than healthy, hydrated skin.
- Fat deposits: if fat pads just under your eyes increase in size, they can create an extra layer that pushes down on the surrounding tissues by flattening them out, creating puffy eyes or bags underneath your eyes.
Eye sagging is also a common problem in senior citizens as it happens due to the natural aging process. Skin elasticity decreases with age due to diminishing collagen production, which has an effect on the development of eye bags.
How can Eye Bags be removed?
If you are looking for options for dark circles, puffiness, or eye bags removal in Singapore, you’re in luck because there are several different ways to remove them. You can choose between surgical procedures or non-surgical treatments depending on the severity of your dark circles and your preference. Here are some non-surgical and surgical options:
- Blepharoplasty: This surgery is commonly known as eye bag removal or double eyelid surgery. It involves surgically removing the excess skin underneath the lower eyelids to make them look neater, smoother, well-defined, and youthful. The result is a refreshed appearance with visibly brighter eyes.
- Fat repositioning surgery (transconjunctival): This procedure removes fat pockets under the eyes by making incisions inside the lower lid, after which this fluid-filled tissue is lifted into its proper position to contour your face naturally.
- Laser Resurfacing: This procedure involves resurfacing the skin under the eye with laser treatment. The laser penetrates deep into the layers of skin, where it stimulates collagen production, which in turn tightens up pores and reduces fine lines. It takes about six weeks for results to become visible.
- Eye Roller: This is a type of eye massage that pushes fluid towards your lower eyelids for temporary relief.
- Eye Serum: Contains hyaluronic acid, which binds up to several times its water weight, thus making it excellent natural skin plumper. Hyaluronic acid’s ability to hydrate makes dark circles appear less prominent while reducing puffiness by increasing blood flow around the areas where it is applied.
What is the Average Cost of Eye Bag Removal in Singapore?
The cost for this treatment can range from $2,000 – $8,000 depending on which method you choose, and how skilled or experienced your plastic surgeon is. You should be aware that it may take more than one session to achieve your desired results.
To ensure that you’re getting the best deal on your eye bag removal surgery, it’s important to shop around and compare prices from various clinics. Small price differences between different facilities may not mean that one offers a cheaper service. You will need to consider other factors such as doctor experience and success rates when choosing between multiple lower-priced facilities.
Which is the Best Clinic to get Eye Bag Removal Treatment in Singapore?
Harmony Aesthetics Clinic is one of the best clinics to consider for eye bag removal in Singapore. With a reputation for high success rate, the clinic is also well-equipped with all board-certified plastic surgeons. And—we get it; it can be difficult to decide which the best clinic is for you as there are many factors at play:
- First of all, consider whether you want a doctor with specialist training or years of practice. Specialists tend to have more experience, but those without any specialization could also provide satisfactory results.
- Secondly, find out if the clinic uses lasers or another type of treatment. Lasers are considered to be better as they can target certain layers of skin for faster results with less downtime.
- Thirdly, make sure you choose a facility with excellent reviews and years of experience. It is best to view before and after photos on their website so that you can see firsthand what results other clients have experienced.
- Lastly, visit the clinic beforehand to get a firsthand look at where you will receive your treatment. This will help put your mind at ease about getting surgery done there. When you’re happy with everything, it’s time to book your procedure !!
The Bottom Line
As with any surgery, getting your eye bag removal in Singapore will never be free from risks. But, if you choose to go through with the procedure, it is important to choose the best clinic possible so you will be assured of getting your money’s worth.
At Harmony Aesthetics Clinic, we have a team of professionals who are well-versed in the latest treatments and technologies. With an extensive portfolio, you can be sure that we will work closely with you to achieve the best results possible. We guarantee a smooth, efficient, and pleasant experience from the moment you step into our clinic to the moment we know that you’re satisfied with your desired look. Call us now at: 6970 5418 to book your appointment today.
Harmony Aesthetics Clinic Singapore
101 Irrawaddy Rd, #09-01 Royal Square @ Novena, Singapore 329565
+65 6970 5418